Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Classwork: 9/12 - Cassio

Thought I'd post this on my blog just for personal reference. Patricia, Linda and I decided that these were five good adjectives that could be used to describe Cassio from Walt Shakespeare's Othello.

Dutiful – Act 2 Scene 3 Lines 4-6 : “Iago hath direction what to do / But notwithstanding with my personal eye / Will I look to ‘t.”

Persistent – Act 3 Scene 3 Lines 8-28 : “Bounteous Madam, / Whatever shall become of Michael Cassio, / He’s never anything but your true servant […] Ay, but, lady, / That policy may either last so long, / Or feed upon such nice and waterish diet, / Or breed itself so out of circumstances, / That, I being absent and my place supplied, / My general will forget my love and service.”

Flirtacious – Act 3 Scene 4 Lines 190 : “Not that I don’t love you..”

Gullible – Act 2 Scene 3 Lines 310-312 : “I think it freely, and betimes in the morning I will beseech / the virtuous Desdemona to undertake for me. I am / desperate of my fortunes if they check me.”

Honorable – Act 2 Scene 1 Lines 45-49 : “Thanks, you the valiant of this warlike isle / That so approve the Moor. Oh, let the heavens / Give him defense against the elements, / For I have lost him on a dangerous sea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home