Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Our National Dialogue on Terrorism

Why do they hate us?

They hate us because they are evil.

That’s it, huh? That’s the entire story?

Yes. They’re evil and they hate us because of our freedoms.

I know they’re evil. I was just thinking that maybe if we understood what specifically seemed to trigger the–

Why are you apologizing for the terrorists?

I’m not. They’re evil. You have no quarrel there. It’s just that maybe if we understoo–

Why are you on the terrorists’ side?

I’m not! I hate the terrorists. I was just saying that we might be able to prevent the next–

Three thousand Americans are dead. How can you defend al Qaeda?

Believe me, I was not defending them. What they did was horrific and inexcusable. They’re evil. I was just–

Then why are you apologizing for them?

I’m not. I’m trying to say that maybe there are lessons we can–

Why do you hate America?

-Taken from Al Franken's book Lies and the Lying Liars who tell them.

I'm just posting this in response to our discussion in class today. I won't argue that Franken is politically biased to a ginormous degree, but this makes me chuckle whenever I see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home