Monday, November 19, 2007

Presentations and a tough paper.

The last class we just had was my very favorite of the entire year.

The presentations were wonderful. I walked in a little bit late on the presentation regarding Israel and Palestine, but what I caught of it seemed to be very informative. The speaker brought in material that was relevant to what our class had read earlier in the year, turned the material around and made us think about the opposite side of things, and did it eloquently and with a couple visual aids to make the whole thing set in a little further. It was a great presentation.

That being said, I thought the best presentation was the presentation made on behalf of our nation's armed forces. All three men who talked were great speakers, they all had different stories regarding the Middle East for the past decade and beyond, and they told it in a way that was perplexing to me.

I wish more people could hear what the soldiers said that day, I've been thinking about it all weekend.

The other thing I've been thinking about all weekend is this rough draft that's due. I can't get a good foothold on Mahfouz's works enough to write a paper on it. I've tried about three different angles on the matter, and every time I get a little over a page in, I'm dissatisfied with it, and I scrap it entirely. That's why I'm up at 7:15 in the morning - so I can try one last hurrah and try to get my paper completed. Arrrgh.

I hope everyone had a great weekend, and I can't wait to discuss the speakers in class today. See you all in a couple hours!

-Dan

1 Comments:

Blogger ian magee said...

I totally agree with you about the presentations. I think the speakers on Wednesday were my favorite also, and sure enough I found it hard to go through the weekend without mentioning something about the military speakers to my friends.

November 19, 2007 at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home