Monday, November 05, 2007

The Day The Leader Was Killed, take one.

Cover picture for The Day The Leader Was Killed by Naguib Mahfous

Before starting my post, I'd like to establish that this was a tough read for me. For being such a short book, I feel like I didn't get the full importance and backstory of it, and I'll end up reading it again tonight before I go to bed. That being said, it was an enjoyable read, and I would recommend it to anyone in the class.

The Day The Leader Was Killed is a short novel narrarated in alternating chapters by an Older man, his grandson, and his grandson's childhood sweetie. The novel revolves around the stories and perceptions of these three characters, but also goes in depth into problems in Egypt, and culiminates in plans to assassinate the Egyptian President Anwar Sadat. It turns out that the people of Egypt are not particularly pleased regarding Sadat's economic policy, and want to take him out.

I don't want to ruin the story for anyone who's going to read it next, but it's a good novel, and before I start really working on it. I'd like to read it again.

See you all in class :)
Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home