Thursday, December 13, 2007

Looking Forward

It seems fitting, of course, that I have just finished my final paper at 2:30 in the morning (less than six hours before our final exam time is slated to begin). What a crazy semester.

I don't know exactly what to write on here, but I'll give it my best shot.

It's been a pleasure to work with each and every one of you. I enjoyed hearing different opinions on the wide array of topics we covered in class this year, and I also enjoyed chatting about random other things like who we were playing in hockey in the upcoming weekend, or complaining about all the homework we always seemed to get.

This class was unique to me because I feel like I actually learned something that will stay with me for quite some time. I have this mentality about classwork and education that I'm mostly there to take tests, pass tests, and move onto the next class and the next step of education. Taking time out to read and think about the Middle East and other pertinent topics in today's culture really was beneficial to me. I wish all classes would be more relevant.

If there's one recommendation I can make to all of you, it's to read The Kite Runner. It's fantastic. I just wrote my paper about it, and I'm really happy with it because I feel like I finally have something to write about that I truly believe in. Read the book, you'll love it.

Also, Diane and I went to see the video last week in the Fetzer center, and we both really enjoyed it. The RSO that hosted the event is called the Palestine and Israel Peace Initiative, and they meet Wednesdays at 8 in the Bernhard center. If anyone is interested in going starting next semester, seek me out, I think I'll be going on a weekly basis.

I hope all of you have a safe and wonderful Christmas break, and I hope I didn't annoy any of you too much. Thanks for a great semester guys.

This is Dan, signing out.
:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home